Steps to Hope:
This free booklet could save your life. Learn from the mistakes and successes of hundreds of people fighting cancer that have been down the path before you. Written from a patients’ perspective with input from leading doctors, nurses and psychologists, it will show you a proven process of how to find answers to the most important questions in your cancer fight. It was designed to benefit children as well as adults fighting cancer.
JUST SOME KEY POINTS:
The centers and doctors you see will have a massive impact on the outcome of your disease.
· Identify the leading centers so that you can send or visit your tissue sample and medical summary to confirm your diagnosis and get their recommendations for a treatment plan.
· Unless your doctor is a leader in the particular disease you’re fighting, it is difficult for them to keep abreast of the latest medical developments. Even the leaders make errors—so confirm. Trust but verify, regardless of how prominent the doctor or institution is.
· Be ready to step away from the security blanket of any one doctor—even your local physician—to get a second, third, and fourth opinion.
· The responsibility of obtaining the best treatment for you or your loved one is more important than offending your current doctor. The good ones will understand.
· While this may sound harsh, it is a fact. Ultimately, you are responsible for the outcome and you will have to live with the results.