Everyone loves good homemade food. You can enjoy a homemade meal, have fun with friends and raise money for Kids’ Cancer Research Foundation (KCRF) for a Cure at the same time with a KCRF for a Cure potluck party.
Set a date and location for your potluck party. Then develop a list of guests to invite.
Plan to provide the main dish for your potluck party. For a simple main dish, consider hamburgers, hotdogs, casserole or spaghetti. Anything that
Send invitations to the friends and family you are inviting to your party. You can use printed invitations or send an online e-vite. Ask your guests to bring a dish and a $5-10 donation. Make sure to communicate that all donations will be used to support research into neuroblastoma and support for the families of neuroblastoma patients. Ask your guests to RSVP with the type of dish they will bring.
Email email@example.com at with the date of your potluck party. Frank will mail you any of the following materials that you request to support your potluck party:
- KCRF for a Cure lunch bags.
- About KCRF.
- What is neuroblastoma?
- How you can help.
- Business-sized cards with the KCRF for a Cure Web site.
- Blank cards. Use these cards to write and print the story of your favorite neuroblastoma patient.
Several days before your party, make sure that you have enough dishes, silverware and cups to accommodate your guests. If you do not, purchase paper/plastic materials. Also plan to have serving utensils. If one of your guests has not volunteered to bring drinks, make sure that you have something for your guests to drink.
Collect decorations for your party. Consider making posters on your computer with the stories of neuroblastoma patients.
Find a container(s) that you will use to collect donations. Make sure to provide directions for making checks out to KCRF for a Cure.
The day of your event, set up your location to allow for people to bring in their potluck dishes. Decorate the location with information about KCRF. Make sure that any KCRF for a Cure materials you have ordered are easily available to your guests. Place the donation container(s) in a central location so that your guests my easily make their contributions. Prepare the main dish and purchase ice.
Hold your party and have fun!
After the party clean up and count up your donations. You may submit the money:
- By calling 1-805-550-7682.
- By sending a check or money order to:
1150 Fuller Road
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Send your guests a thank you note for their support of KCRF for a Cure.
- As RSVPs come in for your party, e-mail those you have invited with a list of dishes that your guests plan to bring. This will prevent you from having duplicate dishes.
- Plan entertainment for your party, especially if you have young children who will attend.
- Take some time during the party to discuss the KCRF for a Cure cause. Show pictures or a video. Explain to your guests why it is important to contribute to neuroblastoma research.