Every weekend, organizations across the country hold successful car washes to support their favorite non-profit organizations. With the support of friends, you can organize a car wash to support KCRF for a Cure as well.
Enlist a group of 20-30 friends to help.
Select a time and location for your car wash. Make sure that your location allows you to have access to flowing water to wash cars. Make sure to obtain permission for your event from the owner/landlord at your car wash location.
Email Frank Kalman at email@example.com to obtain KCRF for a Cure promotional materials for your car wash. You may request:
- KCRF for a Cure lunch bags.
- Informational cards.
- About Kids’ Cancer Reserch Foundation.
- What is neuroblastoma?
- How you can help.
- Business-sized cards with the KCRF for a Cure Web site.
- Blank cards. Use these cards to write and print the story of your favorite neuroblastoma patient.
Mark will mail these to you in enough time for your event. Use these materials to complete informational packets about neuroblastoma and KCRF for a Cure that you may place in the drivers’ seat of every car you wash.
Publicize your car wash prior to day of the event. Here are some ideas that will help.
- Use your computer to develop flyers and posters complete with the date and location of your car wash.
- Also consider including a picture of the neuroblastoma patient your sale will support. With permission, place the posters and hand out the flyers at your car wash’s location for 3-4 days before the event.
- Send e-mails and pass out flyers asking friends and family members to support your fund-raising efforts by bringing their cars by for a wash.
Several days before your car wash, purchase the supplies that you will need. Consider these:
- Spray attachments for a hose
- Paper Towels
- Poster Board for posters to publicize your event
- Markers/paint to create these posters
Also make sure that the friends and family members who have volunteered to help with your event know the times for the wash. Ask them to arrive an hour in advance to organize the materials and assign roles.
The day before your event, make posters to promote the wash to cars driving by. Go to the bank and get change. You will need change in coins, $1, $5, $10 and $20. Make sure to note how much money you have committed for change. Also make sure that you have a container in which to keep your money. to the bank and get
The day of the wash, assign roles and hold your wash! Several friends should be responsible for holding up the signs promoting the wash to cars driving by. Several should be responsible for washing cars. Several should be responsible for talking to your customers and taking donations. Remember to have fun. Also remember to place your KCRF for a Cure packets in the driver’s seat of every car you wash.
At the close of your car wash, clean up and thank volunteers for their support. Subtract the change that you committed from the total money from the event. This is the amount of your KCRF for a Cure donation.
Send the money you raised to KCRF for a Cure. You may submit the money:
- By calling 1-877-883-7464.
- By sending a check or money order to:
You may choose to set a price for your car wash or you may simply ask for a donation. Either way you will raise money for KCRF for a Cure!
Consider having lollipops or some other small treat for children who will come with their parents to the wash.
Make sure to direct your customers to the KCRF for a Cure Web site for more information.